Thursday, March 8, 2018

___________________ SARTORIAL CONSIDERATIONS ___________________

"Been there, done that, got the T shirt", is how the saying goes. I didn't ever think I would find myself getting caught up in this kind of 'hoop - la', but I am glad I did. It's a very nice (and useful) keep sake full of the wind blown memories of a hard contest in high winds on Worser Bay Wellington in 2018.

 Nice Zephyr graphic on the back of the shirt.

Of course I courageously ordered an 'L' rather than an 'XL' size. But shipmates you know that hope springs eternal from the bosom of overweight dinghy sailors - but all is not lost. By the time I am race fit and down to weight for the Zephyr Nationals in Tauranga in 2019, this shirt will fit me like a glove and I will be as sleek, lithe and toned as a Whangarei racing sardine.


4 comments:

Barubi said...

Was there a “I survived Zephyr 2018 Nationals” version?

Alden Smith said...

No there wasn't, but I wish there had been a 'Survivors' shirt - I would have purchased several!!

Kate said...

Well done! I look forward to watching you, sardine-like, next year here in Tauranga Alden. (Do sardines sail boats? Oh well, no metaphor is perfect)

Alden Smith said...

Yes, the key to metaphors is not to push them too far - my fishy explanation is that one pays attention to the central theme and ignores the lack of similitude on the boundaries. And yes this prospective sardine Does sail boats, hopefully soon sailing with a commemorative T - Shirt that fits snugly!