Saturday, April 18, 2020

_________________ NOT QUITE SURE WHAT'S GOING ON _________________

I am having problems with my Blog. Photographs seem to disappear on various postings. I have removed the second to last posting because of this. Brief online Googling points towards possible interference from a malfunction in my Avast antivirus or I have a serious computer virus problem. I have already repaired about 4 different postings by re-posting photographs that have disappeared which is a pretty tedious process. If this continues I may close down the Blog. If anyone has any advice regarding this please let me know by posting a comment.

19/4 - I have uploaded and reinstated photographs on the River Crouch post and also completed some computer tweaking which I think may have been giving me problems with Blogger - time will see if I have been successful.

I would appreciate it if anyone who sees anything unusual when viewing this Blog and/or has photographs blocked from view to post a comment on this post.

9 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Not you.. i've seen the same on a number of blogs.. blogger issues i think..

Barubi said...

Can’t help and I was looking forward to part 4 of the rivers series.
Any jokes about virus problems would be in bad taste.

Dan Gurney said...

I have not noticed the problem you’re talking about. Everything seems okay to me.

Alden Smith said...

Thanks for your comments Barubi and Dan.

Steve - You are right they are Blogger issues and the issue may be something to do with the Avast Antivirus softwares interaction with Blogger - but I don't really know. I will try and reload the deleted posting and see if that works.

Alden Smith said...

I have done some tweaks which I hope will resolve problems between the interface of antivirus updates and Blogger.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Alden - see https://support.google.com/blogger/thread/40874551?hl=en

Not you... general issue.. :)

Alden Smith said...

Thanks Steve for your thoughtfulness - I will take a look.

steve said...

Same has been happening to me as well Alden - not just you - its very irritating and I can't work out what is happening yet. Stay safe and well

Alden Smith said...

Thanks for the comment Steve - there is some consolation in knowing that it's not something particular to my computer setup or operation.