Sunday, March 10, 2019

______________________ WOOD, WIND AND WATER _____________________

Yes shipmates, I know; it's not a very good photograph. But I was so excited about the inaugural get together of our fledgling Zephyr fleet today that I forgot to take a photo with the boats rigged up and rearing to go. No matter. It was a great, great day. We had three back to back races (I had my arse kicked in the racing a few times) but the sheer joy of sailing on Parua Bay with a couple of other experienced skippers and their Zephyrs made up for anything self inflicted on my ego. Three imperatives are pushing this tiny fleet - enthusiasm, commitment and the love of sailing.

(Left to right) 'Bad Boy', 'Slipstream' and 'Venture' do battle again on Tuesday of this coming week.

I can hardly wait.

No comments: