Friday, August 18, 2017

_________________________ WORK CONTINUES _______________________

I had thought that the penultimate step on this long voyage ashore was going to be the painting of the newly fiber glassed area around the keel with a two pot undercoat, but this step required a 'wet on wet' coat of anti fouling paint straight afterwards. Instead I painted with the two pot undercoat but not the anti fouling paint because the uneven curing after the two pot coat (one side of the boat faces all day sun, the other side mostly in shadow) would have resulted in an unsatisfactory bonding of the anti fouling paint. So the solution has been to coat the area of two pot undercoat with a few coats of single pot undercoat; wait for this to cure and dry; then paint the anti fouling paint 'wet on dry'. I will do this step tomorrow if the weather is reasonable.

The back seats, front passenger seat  and the boot of my car are all loaded to the gunwales with boat renovation gear. I think it is time I seriously considered purchasing a ute, a truck or possibly a 747 cargo aeroplane.

No comments: