Friday, August 8, 2014

For Christian














This is a class photograph sent to my by one of my ex pupils Christian May. He is in the second row from the back, second in from the left.

I remember Christian very well and if my memory serves me correctly it was to him that I lent a copy of JRR Tolkiens Lord Of The Rings, a weighty tome of a book (over 100 pages) which he promptly devoured! he was great reader.

He is also remembered fondly by my wife Christine who also taught him at Raumanga Kindergarten, (as were several others in this photograph) - just a short distance from where this photo was taken in 1983 at Raumanga Primary School.

Looking at myself in the photo it seems prophetic that I received this photograph from Christian today, for I see that I am wearing a Cardy (Cardigan) LOL - something that retired 63 year old men are supposed to be notorious for !!

Thank you for the photograph Christian - 2014 marks 40 years of pretty much continuous teaching practise in the classroom - To look back over the years makes me smile and wonder how come it all went so fast!





No comments: