Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Starling Project - Part 22

I made cardboard patterns to assist with the cutting of the plywood deck panels. I used the same  strategy for these deck panels as I have done for the hull panels and found it worked well. I cut the plywood using a handheld electric jigsaw.

Here are the newly cut deck panels that I have made slightly oversize. When they are glued and nailed in place I will trim them with a wood plane. The challenge will be to make a clean and accurate join between the bow and stern panels and to keep the plywood unmarked so that I will have a nice clean deck to varnish, rather than a deck that I have to paint to hide all the mistakes!


Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Coming along nicely, Alden!

Alden Smith said...

Yes, thank you Steve. It's all coming together slowly, one step at a time. The weather hasn't been helping - I am working in an unenclosed carport and the weather has been absolutely freezing. I am not complaining although the glue trying to set has been.