Friday, October 21, 2016

_____________________________ MARINER ____________________________

 Mariner at speed, full mains'l and No 1 working jib.

A couple of days before the recent delivery trip of Davids yacht 'Chez Nous' I rowed out to Mariner and gathered together some items for an emergency 'Grab Bag'. She looked rather neglected and in need of a good clean. The fast rugged sail from Auckland to Tutukaka bought back a lot of memories and has inspired me to make a start on the required work that she needs earlier than I had planned. So the next few postings will be about the clean up and decisions regarding getting her ship shape for the summer.

6 comments:

Ben said...

You have a lot of things to do before summer. Success!

Alden Smith said...

Yes, there are a lot of things to do, but I should be able to sort it with a bit of hard work.

Dan Gurney said...

Nice photo! Looks like a blast.

Alden Smith said...

Dan, I now have the photo as my desktop photo - reminds me that with a bit of TLC on the boat I can be out sailing again.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Good! Enough with the dinghies.. time for some big boat action.. :o)

Alden Smith said...

Steve, variety is the spice of sailing life - each size has its own appeal, but I was inspired by the recent yacht delivery trip and I am ready as you say for some "big boat action" !