'Slipstream' is now race ready. The work I have completed on her includes:
- Raising the splashboards to the regulation minimum 65cm height including new varnished trim.
- Fitting varnished wooden trim around the cockpit perimeter.
- Lengthening the cockpit floor slates to the regulation lengths. This will also help to strengthen the hull and help it hold its shape.
- Painting the deck and cockpit, including non skid paint on the cockpit floor and on the hiking area of the deck.
- Fitting two new Anderson self bailers in the cockpit floor.
- Having a 'D' ring sewn into the stern end of the hiking straps allowing them to now be adjustable.
- Removing the laminated crossbeam with its heavy traveller and car and replaced it with a simple adjustable rope system.
New Anderson bailers.
Stainless steel 'D' ring.
Non skid areas on both side decks and cockpit floor will keep me from slipping and sliding.
Fresh and bright varnished trim helps break up the paint job.