Thursday, August 6, 2015

______________________ TRANSFORMATION ______________________

The downstairs self contained flat is now ready for the carpet to be re-laid. It has been a bit of a mission to get it completed but it is now finished and I am reasonably happy with the results. New paint always makes a room look clean and fresh; its the blank canvas upon which the room will be decorated with carpet, curtains, furniture, book shelves etc, etc, etc.

As I mentioned in the previous post, it makes my eyes cross eyed and fuddles my brain trying to decide whether the colour of the walls is 'Quarter Tea' (Light Brown, English Breakfast) or 'Quarter Tea' (Light Grey, Earl Grey). The fact is the colour seems to change a bit with the changing light.

I was able to paint these rooms all up for under $300. So there are considerable savings to be made if you do things yourself compared to having work done professionally. For example, having the original carpet that I pulled up so the floor could be resealed, re-laid, and approximately one square meter of lino laid in the small kitchen area completed professionally will cost nearly $800. But I am happy to leave lino and carpet laying to the professionals.

I will now turn my sights on getting the Starling completed and the diesel engine taken out of Mariner and some big decisions regarding either repairing the engine or purchasing a new one.

No comments: