Wednesday, May 11, 2011

REAL LOVE


I saw these videos on DAN GURNEYS BLOG - 'A MINDFUL HEART' - http://mindfulheart.blogspot.com/ (On my Bloglist on the right hand side of this page) - I was so impressed I thought I would repeat the videos here. I think the more people who see these the better.

This is one of the most hopeful series of videos I have seen in a long time. Take the time to watch them. If parents and teachers taught with such insight and love, maybe the world would be a more honest, worthwhile, caring and loving place.
I thought the action of the little boy to challenge and change his teachers decision was a wonderfully brave act on his part and shows both the wisdom and autonomy enhancing power of this teachers careful style of relating - It gives a vision of a world devoid of utopian lies; where the shadow and the light are integrated into something larger and more whole. This teachers work is a statement about living honestly and authentically.












.

4 comments:

Dan Gurney said...

Hi, Alden, thanks for spreading the word!

Alden Smith said...

Thankyou Dan for bringing all this to my attention - I am very impressed with this teachers work - Its shows that the reality of preparing children for happy, well adjusted and creative lives goes far beyond just the three R's.

Ben said...

Hi Alden,
Very touching. This goes right to the heart.
What surprises me in a positive way is that this is in Japan. In the past I read horror stories about extraordinary competition amongst children of very young age who were afraid to fail.

Alden Smith said...

Hi Ben. Dank u voor uw reactie. Ik heb altijd graag lezen van uw antwoord op mijn Blog.

You make a very, very good point. Yes, this does seem quite removed from the picture we often see and hear about highly competitive Japanese school systems, study cram schools and a society obsessed by school 'success' whatever the cost.