Sunday, January 3, 2010
His Fault Villa
Recently while staying in Auckland I did a number of very pleasant cycle rides. One day I took along my camera with the purpose of obtaining some shots that would make good blog posts - Well! in the Auckland suburb of Davenport where I began to keep a look out for some quirky things to photo I obtained within a couple of hundred meters about half a dozen very interesting photographs - this is one of them.
This photo begs a number of questions:
- Why was it his fault?
- Has the result of his fault been ultimately positive or negative?
- How often has this plaque been photographed?
- Does everyone comment on the plaque who knocks on the villas door?
- How many times has the plaque been a party ice breaker?
- How many times has the plaque been stolen?
- Is the owner going into commercial plaque production?
- Has he been forgiven for it being his fault? Does anyone care?
- Does the postman smile with solidarity every time he delivers the mail?
- Is the owner of the house in fact a single woman wanting to blame someone?
- Is the owner of the house in fact a single man with a persecution complex?
- Should all Kiwi males visit this house to burn incense and pray for forgiveness?
- Should all Kiwi males visit this house and laugh like fuck?
Will contemplation of these perplexing questions lead us by a set of complex logic to ask other important questions such as - Did the sky really fall on Chicken Lickens head? - How can anyone resist Fate's will? - If I hold my breath and suck my tummy in will people fail to notice I have been a pig over Christmas and put on 3 kilos?
So many questions, so little time.