Monday, November 30, 2009

A Champagne Supernova

I don't usually take much notice of trite sayings, lists of 'to do' prescriptions, exhortations and the various other Deserterada that abound. But I came upon something of this genre recently that made me look closer - Well it didn't just make me look closer, it made me ask the kind lady for a pen so that I could make a copy.
A couple of weeks ago I was in a country cafe close to Warkworth. As I sat down to drink my tea I spied a painting on the wall. The nicely framed painting wasn't a visual image, it was a quotation ? or maybe just the musings of the artist? - anyway, I liked it a lot so I wrote it down and here it is:

Life should not be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely in an
attractive body but rather to skid sideways
champagne in one hand - strawberries in
the other, body thoroughly used up, totally
worn out and screaming
Woo hoooooo..............................
What a ride................................

Yep, quite like that idea.


3 comments:

Ben Bongers said...

Like that idea. Sent a copy to our son. He will certainly agree too, considering the situation he is in (vacation)

Alden Smith said...

Ben it's not a bad way to look at the world. As someone once said to me:

"We're not here for a long time, so we might as well have a good time."

Kathryn said...

Love it!