Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meme - With Thanks To Katherine From The Blogspot "The Last Visible Dog"

Above is a picture I am sharing ... Taken last week within the Church of The Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo, South Island .

Outside my window... is a Kowhai tree with its yellow candles still burning. I hope the Tuis keep coming.

I am thinking... about how much I enjoyed our visit to Dunedin and Christchurch last week and the special friends and relatives that we were able to catch up with.

I am thankful for... My wife, my children, my friends, this wonderful planet, many things.

From the kitchen... I know I will smell scrambled eggs cooking when I get around to it tomorrow morning.

I am wearing... jeans, denim shirt and a new jersey I bought in Christchurch a few days ago.

I am creating... generally my individuated self bit by bit and specifically this week a new environment in my classroom for term four – it will incorporate the things the children have already created for our calf club / show day in 3 weeks time.

I am hearing... the hum of the computer, a good sound as it helps distract me from the tinnitus ringing in my ears!!!.

I am reading... mainly “In Search of Schrodingers Cat – Quantum Physics And Reality” by John Cribbin, plus a varied assortment of books beside my bed.

I am hoping... (and praying)... That the people that are very dear to me who have health problems at the moment will get well soon.

Around the house... I want to complete the building of the last fence on one side of the house.

One of my favourite things... is to lie in and read in the morning in the holidays but I have to go back to work next week - bugger.

A few plans for the rest of the week... 1. Complete classroom teaching planning for term four. 2. Run the engine on the boat to top up the battery. 3. Convince my wife that the next lot of boxes from Amazon Dot Com that will arrive next week really are the last for the year. 4. Clean the mould off the bathroom ceiling 5. Fix the CD player in my car. 5. Smile, be happy and count my blessings.


3 comments:

Katherine said...

What a good read. Ah, the mention of calf club day brought back happy memories.

But you haven't posted your AWARD! (Oh and apologies for spelling your name wrongly for quite a while. I'll just call you Tillerman from now on)

Tillerman said...

Thats ok names can be difficult things sometimes and easy to misspell Kathryn :- )

I shall post my award when I can photograph a nice sticker from my box of stickers at school - a teacher to the end!

Cathy said...

Interesting to know.